Excerpts from the June 15, 1980 Triangle News
Rockglen School Graduation of the Class of 1983
• Class: Drew Kaczmarski, Allan Fafard, Carter Nagel, Gordon Zurowski, Lorne Weed, Micheal Burnay, Terry Loucks, Bruce Beliveau, Laura Bjornson, Karen Miller, Cornelia Lorenz, Cindy Froese, Greg Klevgaard, Eva Fontaine, Tammy Stewart, Cheryl Bloom, Lisa Bjornson, Michelle Bakke, Gayle Schafer, Emily Davey, Sandra Kutash, Allison Edwards, Joanne Prefontaine, Ellen Thomson, Verna Martina.
• Graduation was held on May 14, 1983. The theme was “The Biggest Gift of All is Life Itself,” in memory of classmate Andy Rayner who passed away.
• Salutatory address was given by Gordon Zurowski followed by the Valedictory address by Lisa Bjornson. Guest speaker was Mrs. Henrickson, former Home Economics teacher.
• The gym was decorated in pink, white and blue with artwork by Cheryl Bloo, Tammy Stewart and Sandra Kutash.
• Dance, with music by the “Capitol Saloon Band”. Breakfast was served at Mr. and Mrs. Floyd Loucks’ with food donated by Mondor’s Store.
• Grand Opening of the Willow Bunch Pool Elevator, agent Garth Skjervin. A demonstration was held of hauling grain from the early to modern day. Art Crawford drove a team and wagon, followed by a vintage truck driven by George Rondeau then a modern truck driven by Paul Giraudier.
• Elementary track and field in Coronach brought happy faces and sunburns to many participants and spectators.
• Open letter to all Canadians from Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau.
• Mr. Neil Lewis, moved to Rockglen from Rocanville, to become the new General Manager of the Rockglen Co-op.
• Coronach School of Dance held their annual recital, under the direction of Melody-Lynn and Lori-Gay Drewitz.
• Garry Hoffart takes over as owner of Bengough Auto Body, now named Garry’s Auto Body & Glass Ltd.
• 60 golfers participated in the Willow Bunch Golf Club Early Bird Tournament. Winners of the Championship Flight: 1st Pete Therrien, 2nd Reg Jepson. First flight: 1st James Porter, 2nd Frank Barrett.
• South Country Fastball league: June 7, the Cougars defeated the Willow Bunch Warriors 25-9. June 9, Warriors defeat the Coronach Cardinals 18-17 in Willow Bunch. The Cougars defeated the Astros 31-9.
• Willow Bunch wins the senior olympics, Coronach second and Ogema third.