Excerpts from the June 29, 1983 issue of the
The front page featured a story and photos, submitted by Dave Olson, of “Salute to Scouting Day” that was hosted by Judy and Dieter Emde at the Poplar River Drive In.
The local Boy Scouts chipped in and 25% of the total sales of the day, $215, were donated to the Scouts.
Photo of the Grade 5 and 6 students who volunteered their time at the local library. Under the direction
of Val Rousseau were Melanie Lisowik, Amanda Sahar, Carol Iverson, Angela Rich, Paula Iverson, Becky Rohatyn, Barry Woodruff, Tommy Ghaney, Christ Petrisor and Carla Kupper.
• The art of Lorraine Korbo, of Coronach, on display at the D.C.C.C.A. 2nd Annual Art Show in Scobey.
• An article telling the advantages of pre-emergent herbicides.
• Announcement of the transfer of Constable Craig Hyndman to Swift Current.
• Permission granted
to residents on Patricia Drive to host a block
• The Hicks Family celebrated the 80th birthday of Hazel Hicks at the farm of Butch and Elaine Hicks.
• Canadian Appreciation Day in Scobey, MT on Canada Day. Canadian funds at par at many businesses.
• Wedding announcement of Gaylene Joy Clark and Rodney Gordon Riddell at Ogema United Church.
• The Coronach Cardinal and Coronach Cougars fastball teams held a raffle to raise money for the new CC Diamonds being built. Darcy Wright was the winner of a TV/Radio/Cassette player.
• Come and Go tea to Ragnhild Spagrud for her 80th birthday.
• Big Beaver Men’s Fast Ball Tournament, sponsored by the Big Beaver Kinsmen.
• Births: Richard (Ricky) Terence Aldous, born to Rick and Joy; Brodie Merritt Thompson born to Art and Betty; Tammy Anne Turton born to Wesley and Margaret.
• Live music in the Coronach Hotel: Blue Horizon, Country Blaze and Thunder Creek.
• Fife Lake Hotel entertainment: Dave Pearson, Country Style, Country Outcasts, The Dick Cole Band.
• 99¢ Days at Mondor’s Red & White in Rockglen.
• Red Hot Summer Clearance at DoubleM in Assiniboia.
• Hay Day Specials at the Imperial Garage in Rockglen.